Singapore Polytechnic was set up on 27 October 1954, making it the very first polytechnic to be established in Singapore.
Singapore Polytechnic started out right in the heart of the financial district. Today, the polytechnic is located strategically in Dover Road - in the educational belt and science hub in the western part of Singapore. Our graduates have contributed significantly to Singapore's economic and industrial growth and many are now well-known entrepreneurs. Others hold positions of responsibility and leadership in industry, business and in public organisations.
We may be the oldest Polytechnic but the pioneering spirit is kept very much alive. Look around our campus. We are constantly refurbishing the buildings and facilities to ensure that they are up to date and well equipped for training students in the new industries and emerging technologies.
The change and development is not limited to the physical. Our underlying philosophy and leadership provide the direction for our vision.
Singapore Polytechnic in figures:
- Established in 1954
- 15,378 fulltime and part time students
- 1683 staff members
- 47 full time diploma courses and 33 part time courses
- Campus is 38 hectares of lush greenery
- 10 academic schools including Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
For details about the advance standing agreement between ANU and Singapore Polytechnic please click on the advanced standing tab below.