Each year the ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science may award up to ten (10) scholarships, known as the Research & Development Excellence Scholarship. Up to five (5) scholarships may be granted to students from the ACT and surrounding region and up to five (5) scholarships may be to students from outside the ACT and surrounding region.
The Scholarship is available for students who have completed a Year 12 qualification in Australia or New Zealand and who are applying for admission to the University for the first time. The Scholarships are highly competitive and based on academic merit.
The Scholarship shall be available to an applicant who:
- Is an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident only.
- Is entering university for the first time. Students transferring from other universities are not eligible.
- Has applied for admission and will enrol into a single or Flexible Double Degree program of Bachelor of Engineering (R&D) (Honours) or Bachelor of Advanced Computing (R&D) (Honours) offered by the College.
- Has completed a Year 12 qualification in Australia or New Zealand.
- Has applied for admission through UAC and has an approved ATAR score. Direct applicants are not eligible.
- Has achieved a minimum ATAR of 99 (excluding bonus points).
- Applicants must be from the ACT and surrounding region including Queanbeyan, Karabar, Sutton, Bungendore or Murrumbateman or any of the following postcodes: 0200, 2600-2612, 2614-2620, 2900-2914.
Closing date: 20 May 2018