Welcome to the College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS). CECS provides exclusive employment opportunities for ongoing ANU students to become actively involved in the promotion of CECS and to share your experience with prospective students and our learning community as a Student Ambassador.
In addition to gaining valuable professional experience and training, these roles are paid casual positions within the College. It’s also a chance to develop new skills enriched by your interests that will enhance your employability.
If you are enthusiastic, love meeting new people and are keen to share your positive university experience with potential students and the community, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Student Ambassador, you will:
- Represent the College at recruitment activities and college events, completing post event reports on the outcome of activities.
- Conduct College tours for future students and their families.
- Deliver presentations to student audiences.
- Share your knowledge and experience of studying engineering and computer science disciplines at ANU with prospective students at events such as Open Day and O Week.
- Assist in other administrative tasks as required.
Student ambassadors must:
- Be enrolled in an ANU CECS undergraduate or postgraduate/HDR program.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills.
- A satisfactory understanding of equal opportunity principles, diversity and inclusion and occupational health and safety and a commitment to their application in a university context.
- You will gain valuable work experience in public speaking, interpersonal skills, teamwork and organisational ability.
- Remuneration as an ongoing casual ANU Officer Level 2/3. More information is available via the position description and remuneration rates.
Apply to be a Student Ambassador
Applications for the CECS Student Ambassador role are now open and will close on the 14th of April 2022.
Step 2: Develop a one-page statement addressing the following:
- What inspired you to choose your particular degree
- How you would describe your ANU CECS experience so far to a potential student
- Your interests/hobbies outside of studies
- The skills or attributes will you bring to this role
- Why you would like to be a Student Ambassador
Step 3: Complete the online application here.
Service Coordinator – Student Engagement
Professional Services Group - ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science