Expressions of Interest are now open for The Hilda John Endowment Fund until 25 March 2019. Funding will be available over a five year period to ANU researchers and research groups to support research and development in environmental matters with emphasis on land and water – and with particular attention to problems relating to salinity.
The Hilda John Endowment was established through a generous bequest, directed to the ANU to be held in perpetuity. The fund purpose is to provide support for research and development in environmental matters with emphasis on land and water – and with particular attention to problems relating to salinity.
· Since 2008, six projects have been supported:
· Managing climate risk in the world’s southern and northern temperature zones – lessons for climate change ($160,000 over 2 years, 2008-2010)
· ANU-UTS Water Energy Links ($150,000 over 2 years, 2008-2010)
· Cash contribution to the National Centre for Groundwater Research and Training ($250,000 over 5 years, 2009-2013)
· UNESCO Chair in Water Economics and Transboundary Water Governance ($800,000 over 4 years, 2010-2014)
· Support for UNESCO Chair in Water Economics and Transboundary Water Governance ($500,000 over 5 years, 2014-2018)
· Integrated assessment of groundwater, salinity and ecosystem impacts from varying climate, irrigation policies and energy intensification ($500,000 over 5 years, 2014-2018)
The intention is to provide investment in world-class research for up to two research groups for 5 year projects.
For full details, please read the Guidelines attached at the bottom of this page.
To be eligible, an Applicant must be an ANU researcher or part for a research team.
Submitted applications will go through a Central selection process convened by the DVCR(I).
EOIs must be submitted by either the applicant or the Research office by 12pm Monday 25 March 2019 in a single PDF file. The supporting document is attached at the bottom of this page.
Please email RIO (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 11 March 2019 if you wish to apply and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Reminder: for a list of all currently open funding schemes, click here.