This project will involve developing a creative arts application for an augmented reality device (e.g., Microsoft Hololens). The idea is to allow a user to create computer music or artistic interactions in the real world through an augmented interface.
Potential projects could be:
- a musical synthesiser interface in AR
- a sculpture/painting interface in AR
- an interactive media artwork in AR
- a computer music performance system in AR
This project will involve choosing an area of interest to the student researcher and developing a strong design concept. You will develop your skills in AR development, computational arts practice, and CS research.
- develop a creative arts system in augmented reality
- experiment with it in the real world
- critically examine the results
- enthusiasm for music, art, and other creative disciplines
- coursework in creative arts, Art and Interaction Computing, or Computer Music (e.g., ANU Laptop Ensemble) would be valuable
augmented reality, computer music, computer art, interactive media, creative arts