Cognitive load measures the amount of mental effort being used to solve a problem. Sometimes it is better to get answers of questions from visualisation or graphs than reading long paragraphs. This project is designed to collect physiological signals while participants will search answers of questions from viewed visualisations (or graphs) and by reading comprehension. Then a machine learning based model will be constructed to effectively measure participants’ cognitive load.
- Knowledge of basic machine learning classifiers and basic statistics.
- Experience in the use of Matlab, Python or similar tool.
- Basic knowledge about physiological signals (especially galvanic skin response, temperature, and blood volume pulse).
- Skills in conducting human computing based research.
- A solid understanding on various physiological data.
- Experience in advance data analysis and prediction.