Cognitive load assessment is a process to measure learners’ stress levels while doing various learning tasks. It refers to available working memory resources during the task that is reflected through human physiological signals. This project is to construct a machine learning and statistical model to effectively measure learners’ cognitive load while doing three tasks in three different difficulty levels - reading comprehension, solving mathematical problems, and solving Sudoku puzzles. The relevant physiological data is available and ready to analyse.
- Knowledge of basic machine learning classifiers and basic statistics.
- Experience in the use of Matlab, Python or similar tool.
- Basic knowledge about physiological signals (especially galvanic skin response, temperature, and blood volume pulse).
- Skills in conducting human computing based research.
- A solid understanding on various physiological data.
- Experience in advance data analysis and prediction.