- Structure of solids: Theory of atomic arrangement in ideal amorphous solids. Measuring atomic arrangements in real amorphous materials: metallic, covalent and chalcogenide glasses.
- Mechanics of composite materials: elasticity and buckling behaviour of anisotropic domes.
- Manufacturing of composites: effect of vibrations on void reduction in laminated composites.
- Fibre reinforcement of materials: mechanical and physical properties of clay - cellulose fibre composite.
- Mechanics of natural materials: elastic and strength properties of exoskeletons and genetically modified plants.
Development of a theory of amorphousness.