Yonhon was born in Penang, Malaysia. He completed his Bachelor of Engineering (with First Class Honours and University Medal) in mechatronic systems from the Australian National University. He is currently a PhD student in the Research School of Engineering, Australian National University.
His current research interests include Bayesian estimator, visual odometry, simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM), optical flow and radio-based localization.
He was a reviewer for the following conferences and journals:
- IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2018
- European Control Conference (ECC), 2018
- Australian and New Zealand Control Conference (ANZCC), 2018
- Image and Vision Computing, 2017
- Image and Vision Computing, 2016
- Information Sciences, 2016
He was also a co-chair of a session at Australian and New Zealand Control Conference (ANZCC), 2017.