Dr. Thrinathreddy Ramireddy received his PhD degree in (Materials for Energy Storage) Engineering from Deakin University, Australia, in December 2015. He joined as Postdoctoral fellow in Department of Metallurgical Engineering and materials Science at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, worked with Professor Amartya Mukhopadhyay for a period of 15 months, unitl Aug 2017. Dr. Ramireddy joined as a project scientist at Centre for Automotive Energy Materials division in International Centre for Advanced Research on Powder Metallurgy and New Materials from August 2017 till June 2019. Dr. Ramireddy research interests are on electrochemical energy storage especially batteries (metal-ion and dual-ion) and metal-ion hybrid capacitors.
Google Scholar Profile:
1. Development of alloy based composite materials and metal oxide as anode materials for metal-ion batteries (Li-ion, Na-ion and K-ion).
2. Design and fabrication of cathode materials (polyanion and metal oxide analogue) for various metal-ion batteries.
3. Understanding the phase transformations in the electrode during electrochemical cycling using various In-situ techniques
4. Safety studies on Metal-ion batteries
- V. Lakshmi, A. A. Mikhaylov, A. G. Medvedev, C. Zhang, T. Ramireddy, M. M. Rahman, P. Cizek, D. Golberg, Y. Chen, O. Lev, P. V. Prikhodchenko, A. M. Glushenkov, Probing electrochemical reactivity in an Sb2S3-containing potassium-ion battery anode: observation of an increased capacity, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2020, 8, 11424-11434.
- H. S. Bhardwaj, T. Ramireddy, A. Pradeep, M. K. Jangid, V. Srihari, H. K. Poswal, A. Mukhopadhyay, Understanding the Cyclic (In)stability and the Effects of Presence of a Stable Conducting Network on the Electrochemical Performances of Na2Ti3O7 ChemElectroChem, 2018, 5, 1219-1229
- T. Ramireddy, R. Kali, M. K. Jangid, V. Srihari, H. K. Poswal, A. Mukhopadhyay, Insights into Electrochemical Behavior, Phase Evolution and Stability of Sn upon K-alloying/de-alloying via In Situ Studies, Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 2017, 164, A2360-A2367
- I. Sultana, M. M. Rahman, T. Ramireddy, Y. Chen, A. M. Glushenkov, High capacity potassium-ion battery anodes based on black phosphorus, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2017, 5, 23506-23512
T. Ramireddy, N. Sharma, T. Xing, Y. Chen, J. Leforestier, A. M. Glushenkov, Size and Composition Effects in Sb-Carbon Nanocomposites for Sodium-Ion Batteries, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2016, 8, 30152-30164
I. Sultana, T. Ramireddy, M. M. Rahman, Y. Chen, A. M. Glushenkov, Tin-based composite anodes for potassium-ion batteries, Chemical Communications, 2016, 52, 9279-9282
T. Ramireddy, T. Xing, M. M. Rahman, Y. Chen, Q. Dutercq, D. Gunzelmann, A. M. Glushenkov,Phosphorus–carbon nanocomposite anodes for lithium-ion and sodium-ion batteries, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2015, 3, 5572-5584
T. Ramireddy, M. M. Rahman, N. Sharma, A. M. Glushenkov, Y. Chen, Carbon coated Na7Fe7(PO4)6F3: A novel intercalation cathode for sodium-ion batteries, Journal of Power Sources, 2014, 271, 497-503
T. Ramireddy, M. M. Rahman, T. Xing, Y. Chen, A. M. Glushenkov, Stable anode performance of an Sb–carbon nanocomposite in lithium-ion batteries and the effect of ball milling mode in the course of its preparation, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2014, 2, 4282-4291
M. M. Rahman, A. M. Glushenkov, T. Ramireddy, Y. Chen, Electrochemical investigation of sodium reactivity with nanostructured Co3O4 for sodium-ion batteries, Chemical Communications, 2014, 50, 5057-5060
- I. Sultana, M. M. Rahman, T. Ramireddy, N. Sharma, D. Poddar, A. Khalid, H. Zhang, Y. Chen, A. M. Glushenkov,Understanding Structure–Function Relationship in Hybrid Co3O4–Fe2O3/C Lithium-Ion Battery Electrodes, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2015, 7, 20736-20744
- T. Xing, T. Ramireddy, L. H. Li, D. Gunzelmann, H. Zeng, W. Qi, S. Zhou, Y. Chen, Lithium storage in disordered graphitic materials: a semi-quantitative study of the relationship between structure disordering and capacity, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2015, 17, 5084-5089
- T. Tao, M. M. Rahman, T. Ramireddy, J. Sunarso, Y. Chen, A. M. Glushenkov, Preparation of composite electrodes with carbon nanotubes for lithium-ion batteries by low-energy ball milling, RSC Advances, 2014, 4, 36649-36655
- M. M. Rahman, R. A. Rani, A. Z. Sadek, A. S. Zoolfakar, M. R. Field, T. Ramireddy, K. Kalantar-zadeh, Y. Chen, A vein-like nanoporous network of Nb2O5 with a higher lithium intercalation discharge cut-off voltage, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2013, 1, 11019-11025
- M. M. Rahman, A. M. Glushenkov, Z. Chen, X. J. Dai, T. Ramireddy, Y. Chen, Clusters of α-LiFeO2 nanoparticles incorporated into multi-walled carbon nanotubes: a lithium-ion battery cathode with enhanced lithium storage properties, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2013, 15, 20371-20378
- M. M. Rahman, A. M. Glushenkov, T. Ramireddy, T. Tao, Y. Chen, Enhanced lithium storage in Fe2O3–SnO2–C nanocomposite anode with a breathable structure, Nanoscale, 2013, 5, 4910-4916
- T. Ramireddy, V. Venugopal, J. B. Bellam, A. Maldonado, J. Vega-Pérez, S. Velumani, M. D. L. L. Olvera, Effect of the Milling Time of the Precursors on the Physical Properties of Sprayed Aluminum-Doped Zinc Oxide (ZnO:Al) Thin Films, Materials, 2012, 5, 1404-1412