Mr Thien Truong is currently a PhD Candidate at Australian National University in Canberra, Australia. He received his Degree of Engineer in Machinery Manufacturing Technology from Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and Education, Vietnam in 2015 and his Master of Science degree in Intelligent Micro Nano Systems from Konkuk University, South Korea in 2018. Thien is working on the applications of advanced characterization techniques for silicon photovoltaics.
Novel characterisation techniques for photovoltaics
Energy and Functional Materials
Silicon Solar Cells
- W. Chen, T. N. Truong, H. T. Nguyen, C. Samundsett, S. P. Phang, D. MacDonald, A. Cuevas, L. Zhou, Y. Wan and D. Yan, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 2020, 206, 110348. DOI:10.1016/j.solmat.2019.110348.
- H.T. Nguyen, S. Gerritsen, Md A.Mahmud, Y. Wu, Z. Cai, T.N. Truong, M. Tebyetekerwa, T. Duong, J. Peng, K. Weber, T.P. White, K. Catchpole, D. Macdonald, Advanced Energy Materials 1902901, 2019, DOI:10.1002/aenm.201902901.
- T. N. Truong, D. Yan, C. Samundsett, A. Liu, S. P. Harvey, M. R. Young, Z. Ding, M. Tebyetekerwa, F. Kremer, M. M. Al-Jassim, A. Cuevas, D. MacDonald and H.T. Nguyen, ACS Applied Energy Materials, 2019, DOI:10.1021/acsaem.9b01771.
- T. N. Truong, D. Yan, W. Chen, M. Tebyetekerwa, M. Young, M. Al-Jassim, A. Cuevas, D. Macdonald and H. T. Nguyen, Solar RRL, 2019, DOI:10.1002/solr.201900476.
- H.T. Nguyen, Z. Li, Y.-J. Han, R. Basnet, M. Tebyetekerwa, T.N. Truong, H. Wu, D. Yan, and D. Macdonald, Scientific Reports 9, 2019, DOI:10.1038/s41598-019-46986-z.
- M. Tebyetekerwa, J. Zhang, K. Liang, T. Duong, G.P. Neupane, L. Zhang, B. Liu, T.N. Truong, R. Basnet, X. Qiao, Z. Yin, Y. Lu, D. Macdonald, and H.T. Nguyen, Advanced Materials 1900522, 2019, DOI:10.1002/adma.201900522.
- T.N. Truong, D. Yan, C. Samundsett, R. Basnet, M. Tebyetekerwa, L. Li, F. Kremer, A. Cuevas, D. Macdonald, and H.T. Nguyen, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 11, 5554, 2019, DOI:10.1021/acsami.8b19989.
- H.T. Nguyen, A. Liu, D. Yan, H. Guthrey, T.N. Truong, M. Tebyetekerwa, Z. Li, Z. Li, M.M. Al-Jassim, A. Cuevas, and D. Macdonald, ACS Applied Energy Materials 1, 6619, 2018, DOI:10.1021/acsaem.8b01561.
- T. N. Truong, D. Yan, A. Cuevas, D. Macdonald, H. T. Nguyen, Effects of hydrogenation on poly-Si/SiOx passivating contacts for silicon solar cells, Proceedings of the 2019 Asia-Pacific Solar Research Conference, Canberra, Australia (2019), Oral presentation.
- T. N. Truong, D. Yan, A. Cuevas, D. Macdonald, H. T. Nguyen, Hydrogenation of polycrystalline silicon films for passivating contacts solar cells, Proceedings of the 46th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, Chicago, USA (2019), Poster presentation.
- H. T. Nguyen, T. N. Truong, et al., Luminescence from poly-Si films and its application to study passivating-contact solar cells, Proceedings of the 46th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, Chicago, USA (2019).
- 12/2019: Two-pronged approach to improved solar - Australia Microscopy
- 05/2019: A (much) better solar cell - ANU Reporter
- 02/2019: ANU at the forefront of ground-breaking solar research - ANU, PV Magazine, AZoCleantech, PACE (Process & Control Engineering),
- 10/2018: Lab of the Month - Linkam Scientific, UK