Mr Thien Truong is currently a PhD Candidate at Australian National University in Canberra, Australia. He received his Degree of Engineer in Machinery Manufacturing Technology from Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and Education, Vietnam in 2015 and with a University Medal. He then received his Master of Science in Intelligent Micro Nano System from Konkuk University, South Korea in 2018 with a GPA of 95/100. Thien is currently working on the applications of advanced characterization techniques for silicon photovoltaics.
- BEng. (HCMUTE, VN) 2015
- MSc. (Konkuk Univ., KR) 2018
- IEEE Student Member, 2016~present
- American Chemical Society Member, 2018~present
- Royal Society of Chemistry Student Member, 2018~present
- American Physical Society Member, 2019~present
Novel characterisation techniques for photovoltaics
Energy and Functional Materials
Silicon Solar Cells
- W. Chen, T. N. Truong, H. T. Nguyen, C. Samundsett, S. P. Phang, D. MacDonald, A. Cuevas, L. Zhou, Y. Wan and D. Yan, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 2020, 206, 110348. DOI:10.1016/j.solmat.2019.110348.
- T. N. Truong, D. Yan, C. Samundsett, A. Liu, S. P. Harvey, M. R. Young, Z. Ding, M. Tebyetekerwa, F. Kremer, M. M. Al-Jassim, A. Cuevas, D. MacDonald and H.T. Nguyen, ACS Applied Energy Materials, 2019, DOI:10.1021/acsaem.9b01771.
- T. N. Truong, D. Yan, W. Chen, M. Tebyetekerwa, M. Young, M. Al-Jassim, A. Cuevas, D. Macdonald and H. T. Nguyen, Solar RRL, 2019, DOI:10.1002/solr.201900476.
- H.T. Nguyen, Z. Li, Y.-J. Han, R. Basnet, M. Tebyetekerwa, T.N. Truong, H. Wu, D. Yan, and D. Macdonald, Scientific Reports 9, 2019.
- M. Tebyetekerwa, J. Zhang, K. Liang, T. Duong, G.P. Neupane, L. Zhang, B. Liu, T.N. Truong, R. Basnet, X. Qiao, Z. Yin, Y. Lu, D. Macdonald, and H.T. Nguyen, Advanced Materials 1900522, 2019.
- T.N. Truong, D. Yan, C. Samundsett, R. Basnet, M. Tebyetekerwa, L. Li, F. Kremer, A. Cuevas, D. Macdonald, and H.T. Nguyen, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 11, 5554, 2019.
- N.T. Truong, H.V. Phan, and H.C. Park, Bioinspiration & Biomimetics 14, 36010, 2019.
- H.T. Nguyen, A. Liu, D. Yan, H. Guthrey, T.N. Truong, M. Tebyetekerwa, Z. Li, Z. Li, M.M. Al-Jassim, A. Cuevas, and D. Macdonald, ACS Applied Energy Materials 1, 6619, 2018.
- 05/2019: A (much) better solar cell - ANU Reporter
- 02/2019: ANU at the forefront of ground-breaking solar research - ANU, PV Magazine, AZoCleantech, PACE (Process & Control Engineering),
- 10/2018: Lab of the Month, by Linkam Scientific, UK - link