Thien Truong is currently a postdoctoral fellow at Australian National University in Canberra, Australia. He received his Degree of Engineer in Machinery Manufacturing Technology from Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and Education, Vietnam in 2015, his Master of Science degree in Intelligent Micro Nano Systems from Konkuk University, South Korea in 2018, and finished his PhD in Engineering at ANU in July 2021. Thien is working on the applications of advanced characterization techniques for photovoltaic materials and devices, and the fabrication of silicon solar cells with the novel passivating-contact technology. Thien is also serving as a Student Activities Coordinator (2022 and 2023 Terms) for the IEEE ACT Section.
Personal website: www.thientruong.net
Thien is currently a Guest Lecturer for the following courses in School of Engineering:
20, 21, 22
20, 21, 22
Some research topics of interest:
Silicon Solar Cells
Novel characterisation techniques for photovoltaics
Energy and Functional Materials
Selected peer-reviewed journal publications
- T. N. Truong, et al., Solar RRL (2021), DOI: 10.1002/solr.202100653. (Selected as Inside Back Cover).
- Z. Ding, T. N. Truong (co-first, corresponding author), et al., ACS Applied Energy Materials (2021),DOI: 10.1021/acsaem.1c00550.
- T. N. Truong, et al., Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications (2021), DOI: 10.1002/pip.3411
- T. N. Truong, et al., Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells (2020), DOI: 10.1016/j.solmat.2020.110602
- T. N. Truong, et al., ACS Applied Energy Materials (2019), DOI:10.1021/acsaem.9b01771.
- T. N. Truong, et al., Solar RRL (2019), DOI:10.1002/solr.201900476. (Selected as Frontispiece).
- T. N. Truong, et al., ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces (2019), DOI:10.1021/acsami.8b19989.
- T. N. Truong, et al., Proceedings of the 49th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (IEEE PVSC), Philadelphia, USA (2022), Oral presentation.
- T. N. Truong, et al., Proceedings of the 48th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (IEEE PVSC), Online, (2021), Oral presentation.
- T. N. Truong, et al., Proceedings of the 2020 Asia-Pacific Solar Research Conference (APSRC), Online, (2020), Oral presentation.
- T. N. Truong, et al., Proceedings of the 2020 European PV Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition (EUPVSEC), Online, (2020), DOI:10.4229/EUPVSEC20202020-2AO.4.5, Oral presentation. (Student Award Finalists, selected for journal publication).
- T. N. Truong, et al., Proceedings of the 2019 Asia-Pacific Solar Research Conference (APSRC), Canberra, Australia (2019), Oral presentation.
- T. N. Truong, et al., Proceedings of the 46th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (IEEE PVSC, Chicago, USA (2019), DOI: 10.1109/PVSC40753.2019.8980647, Poster presentation.
Some selected awards
03/2021 - DAAD Short-term Research Grant 2021, for a collaboration research project at Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems ISE.
08/2020 - Notable mentions in CECS's 2020 Remote Teaching and Student Experience awards for exceptional support to the convenor and students in course ENG4524/ENGN6524 Photovoltaic Technologies
Thien is currently an active reviewer for:
- Nature Scientific Reports
- Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells
- Physica Status Solidi (RRL) – Rapid Research Letters
- Solar RRL
- Physica Status Solidi A: Applications and Materials Science
Selected news featuring
- 09/2020: Finalist for Student Award at 37th EUPVSEC - Link
- 12/2019: Two-pronged approach to improved solar - Australia Microscopy
- 05/2019: A (much) better solar cell - ANU Reporter
- 02/2019: ANU at the forefront of ground-breaking solar research - ANU, PV Magazine, AZoCleantech, PACE (Process & Control Engineering),
- 10/2018: Lab of the Month - Linkam Scientific, UK