Mr Thien Truong currently a PhD Candidate at Australian National University in Canberra, Australia. He received a Degree of Engineer in Machinery Manufacturing Technology from Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and Education, Vietnam in 2015 and with a University Medal. He then received his Master of Science in Intelligent Micro Nano System from Konkuk University, South Korea in 2018 with a GPA of 95/100. Thien is currently working on the applications of advanced characterization techniques for silicon photovoltaics.
- BEng. (HCMUTE, VN) 2015
- MSc. (Konkuk Univ., KR) 2018
- IEEE Student Member, 2016~present
- American Chemical Society Member, 2018~present
- Royal Society of Chemistry Student Member, 2018~present
- American Physical Society Member, 2019~present
Novel characterisation techniques for photovoltaics
Energy and Functional Materials
Silicon Solar Cells
- Tebyetekerwa, M.; Zhang, J.; Liang, K.; Duong, T.; Neupane, G. P.; Zhang, L.; Liu, B.; Truong, T. N.; Basnet, R.; Qiao, X.; et al. Quantifying Quasi‐Fermi Level Splitting and Mapping Its Heterogeneity in Atomically Thin Transition Metal Dichalcogenides. Advanced Materials 2019, 1900522. https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.201900522.
- Truong, T. N.; Yan, D.; Samundsett, C.; Basnet, R.; Tebyetekerwa, M.; Li, L.; Kremer, F.; Cuevas, A.; MacDonald, D.; Nguyen, H. Hydrogenation of Phosphorus-Doped Polycrystalline Silicon Films for Passivating Contact Solar Cells. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2019. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.8b19989.
- Truong, T. N.; Phan, H. V.; Park, H. C. Design and Demonstration of a Bio-Inspired Flapping-Wing-Assisted Jumping Robot. Bioinspiration & Biomimetics 2019. https://doi.org/10.1088/1748-3190/aafff5.
- Nguyen, H. T.; Liu, A.; Yan, D.; Guthrey, H.; Truong, T. N.; Tebyetekerwa, M.; Li, Z.; Li, Z.; Al-Jassim, M. M.; Cuevas, A.; et al. Sub-Bandgap Luminescence from Doped Polycrystalline and Amorphous Silicon Films and Its Application to Understanding Passivating-Contact Solar Cells. ACS Applied Energy Materials 2018, 1 (11), 6619–6625. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsaem.8b01561.
- Lab of the month - Sept 2018, Linkam UK, link here.
- ANU at the forefront of ground-breaking solar research - Feb 2019, links: ANU, CECS, AZoCleantech, PACE (Process & Control Engineering), myScience, MIRAGE News, Ferret, Vietnamplus.
- Scientists unlock the potential of ultra-thin 2D materials - May 2019, links: ANU, CECS ANU, 2CC Radio Canberra Weekender, Physics.org, Opli, etc.
- 05/2019: A (much) better solar cell - ANU Reporter.