Doctor Zhuoran (Randy) Zeng presently a research fellow at the Australian National University. He received his B. Eng. with first-class honour (2011) and Ph.D. (2016) from Monash University. He was an postdoctoral research fellow (2016 - 2017) and Assistent Lecturer (2017-2019) at Monash University. His research interests include design and development of magnesium wrought alloys, mechanical metallurgy, X-ray diffraction, and electron microscopy. He is currently working on the development of high performance ultra-lightweight Mg-Li based wrought alloy, materials degradation and protection, and application of advanced characterisation techniques (particularly in-situ techniques). He is now the reviewer of several journals including Acta Materialia, Metallurgical and Materials Transaction A, Materials Science and Engineering A, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, etc
For more information - https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?hl=en&user...
- Design and advanced manufacturing of light alloys
- Characterisation, Modelling and Machine learning of processing-microstructure-property relationships in metallic materials.
- Surface property, corrosion mechanism, and functional applications of metallic materials
- Application of advanced analytical tools including aberration-corrected transmission electron microscopy, electron backscattered diffraction and transmission Kikuchi diffraction, and in-situ synchrotron.
- H.C. Pan, R. Kang, J.R. Li, Z.R Zeng, H.B. Xie, Q.Y Huang, C.L Yang, Y.P. Ren, G.W. Qin, Mechanistic investigation of a low-alloy Mg-Ca-based extrusion alloy with high strength-ductility synergy, Acta Materialia, 186, 278-290, January, 2020.
- Z.R. Zeng, Y.M. Zhu, R.L. Liu, S.W. Xu, C.H.J. Davies, J.F. Nie, N. Birbilis, Effects of calcium on strength and microstructural evolution of extruded alloys based on Mg-3Al-1Zn-0.3Mn, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 50, 4344-4363, September, 2019.
- Z.R. Zeng, N. Stanford, C.H.J. Davies, J.F. Nie, N. Birbilis, Magnesium extrusion alloys: A review of developments and prospects, International Materials Reviews, 64, 27-62, January, 2019.
- Z.R. Zeng, Y.M. Zhu, R.L. Liu, S.W. Xu, C.H.J. Davies, J.F. Nie, N. Birbilis, Achieving exceptionally high strength in Mg-3Al-1Zn-0.3Mn extrusions via suppressing intergranular deformation, Acta Materialia, 160, 97-108, November, 2018.
- Z.R. Zeng, J.F. Nie, S.W. Xu, C.H.J. Davies, N. Birbilis, Super-formable pure magnesium at room temperature, Nature Communications, 8, 972, October, 2017.
- Z.R. Zeng, M.Z. Bian, S.W. Xu, C.H.J. Davies, N. Birbilis, J.F. Nie, Effects of dilute additions of Zn and Ca on ductility of magnesium alloy sheet, Materials Science and Engineering A, 674, 459-471, September, 2016.
- Z.R. Zeng, Y.M. Zhu, M.Z. Bian, S.W. Xu, C.H.J. Davies, N. Birbilis, J.F. Nie, Texture evolution during static recrystallization of cold-rolled magnesium alloys, Acta Materialia, 105, 479-494, February, 2016.
- Z.R. Zeng, M.Z. Bian, S.W. Xu, C.H.J. Davies, N. Birbilis, J.F. Nie, Texture evolution during cold rolling of dilute Mg alloys, Scripta Materialia, 108, 6-10, November, 2015.
- Z.R. Zeng, Y.M. Zhu, M.Z. Bian, S.W. Xu, C.H.J. Davies, N. Birbilis, J.F. Nie, Annealing strengthening in a dilute Mg-Zn-Ca sheet alloy, Scripta Materialia, 107, 127-130, October, 2015.