Leiping Duan is currently a postdoc researcher in the school of engineering, The Australian National University (ANU). He received his master's and Ph.D. degrees in the school of photovoltaic and renewable energy engineering, Univerisity of New South Wales (UNSW). He is working on organic, perovskite, and silicon-based tandem photovoltaic devices.
Co-supervisor - Mr.Lichun Chang (PhD Student)
His research interests include thin-film solar cells, semitransparent and indoor optoelectronics, building-integrated photovoltaics, and the internet of things.
Leiping Duan has published 18 first-authored journal papers in addition to over 14 other papers as co-author on premier international journals (~700 citations, H-index 15, according to Google Scholar https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=sgcHbSoAAAAJ&hl=en). Many of these papers are published in journals with a high impact factor of >5, such as Advanced Energy Materials with an impact factor of 29.37. 10 representative papers published in the last three years:
1. L. Duan, L. Hu, X. Guan, C. Lin, D. Chu, S. Huang, X. Liu, J. Yuan, and T. Wu, Quantum Dots for Photovoltaics: A Tale of Two Materials, Advanced Energy Materials, 2021, 2100354.
2. L. Hu, L. Duan (joint-first author), Y. Yao, W. Chen, Z. Zhou, C. Cazorla, C. Lin, X. Guan, X. Geng, F. Wang, T. Wan, S. Wu, S. Cheong, R. Tilley, S. Liu, J. Yuan, D. Chu, T. Wu, S. Huang, Quantum Dot Passivation of Halide Perovskite Films with Reduced Defects, Suppressed Phase Segregation, and Enhanced Stability, Advanced Science, doi: 10.1002/advs.202102258 .
3. L. Duan, Y. Zhang, R. Deng, H. Yi, Q. Wei, Y. Zou and A. Uddin, Burn-in Degradation Mechanism Identified for Small Molecular Acceptor based High-efficiency Non-fullerene Organic Solar Cells, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2020, 12, 24, 27433-27442.
4. L. Duan, B. Sang, M. He, Y. Zhang, Md. Hossain, Md. Rahaman, Q. Wei, Y. Zou, A. Uddin, B. Hoex, Interface Modification Enabled by Atomic Layer Deposited Ultra‐Thin Titanium Oxide for High‐Efficiency and Semi-transparent Organic Solar Cells. Sol. RRL. doi:10.1002/solr.202000497.
5. L. Duan1, © and A. Uddin, Progress in Stability of Organic Solar Cells, Advanced Science, 2020, 7, 1903259.
6. G. Poduval, L. Duan(joint-first author), Md. Hossain, B. Sang, Y. Zhang, Y. Zhou, A. Uddin and B. Hoex, High-Efficiency Non-Fullerene Organic Solar Cells Enabled by Atomic Layer Deposited Zirconium Doped Zinc Oxide, Sol. RRL, 2020, 2000241.
7. L. Duan, A. Uddin and B. Hoex, Progress in Semitransparent Organic Solar Cells, Sol. RRL, 2021, 2100041.
8. L. Duan, X. Meng, Y. Zhang, H. Yi, K. Jin, F. Haque, C. Xu, Z. Xiao, L. Ding and A. Uddin, Comparative analysis of burn-in photo-degradation in non-fullerene COi8DFIC acceptor based high-efficiency ternary organic solar cells, Materials Chemistry Frontiers, 2019, 3, 1085-1096.
9. L. Duan, H. Yi, Y. Zhang, F. Haque, C. Xu and A. Uddin, Comparative study of light-and thermal-induced degradation for both fullerene and non-fullerene-based organic solar cells, Sustainable Energy & Fuels, 2019, 3, 723-735.
10. L. Duan, H. Yi, Z. Wang, Y. Zhang, F. Haque, B. Sang, R. Deng and A. Uddin, Semitransparent organic solar cells based on PffBT4T-2OD with a thick active layer and near neutral colour perception for window applications, Sustainable Energy & Fuels, 2019, 3, 2456-2463.
-2021 Guest Editor of Special Issue "Optical Thin Film and Solar Cells", Coatings
-A reviewer for >10 world-renowned journals, including Energy & Environmental Science, Advanced Materials, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Chemical Engineering Journal, Journal of Materials Chemistry C, ACS Applied Energy Materials, ACS Applied Electronic Materials, The Journal of Physical Chemistry, Journal of Electronic Materials, Solar RRL, Nanomaterials.