Lei Wang received the M.E. degree in software engineering from University of Western Australia (UWA), Australia, in 2018.
He is currently pursuing a PhD degree with Australian National University (ANU) and Data61/CSIRO.
Since 2018, he has been a full-time Computer Vision Researcher with iCetana Pty Ltd. He was a Visiting Researcher in Machine Learning Research Group at Data61/CSIRO (former NICTA). He was also a Visiting Researcher with the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering, UWA.
He has been offered a number of competitive full PhD scholarships including ARC Industrial Transformation Training Centre Scholarship, UWA International Fee Scholarship, University Postgraduate Award, Data61 PhD Scholarship, Data61 Top-up Scholarship and ANU HDR Fee Remission Merit Scholarship.
His research interests include anomaly detection, human action modeling, meta learning and machine learning.
Lei is an IEEE Student Member and an ACM Student Member.
- Machine Learning
- Pattern Recognition
- Computer Vision
- Deep Learning
|Analysis and Evaluation of Kinect-based Action Recognition Algorithms
Master’s thesis, School of the Computer Science and Software Engineering, The University of Western Australia
|A Comparative Review of Recent Kinect-based Action Recognition Algorithms
L Wang, DQ Huynh, P Koniusz
IEEE Transactions on Image Processing (TIP) 29 (1), 15-28
|Loss Switching Fusion with Similarity Search for Video Classification
L Wang, DQ Huynh, MR Mansour
26th IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), 974-978
|Hallucinating IDT Descriptors and I3D Optical Flow Features for Action Recognition with CNNs
L Wang, P Koniusz, DQ Huynh
IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), 8698-8708
|Tensor Representations for Action Recognition
P Koniusz, L Wang, A Cherian
IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI)
|Self-supervising Action Recognition by Statistical Moment and Subspace Descriptors
L Wang, P Koniusz
ACM International Conference on Multimedia (MM)
|System and Method of Video Data Retrieval
L Wang, M Reda Mansour, G Woods
AU Patent AU 2,019,900,316
|Method and System for Classifying Video Data
L Wang, G WoodsAU Patent AU 2,019,903,775
Lei would like to thank A/Prof. Du Q. Huynh (CSSE/UWA), Graeme Woods (iCetana's Head of Product), Dr. Moussa Reda Mansour (iCetana's former R&D Lead), Dr. Piotr Koniusz (Data61/CSIRO and CECS/ANU), and Dr. Debora Correa (Maths/UWA) for their guidance and support.
Selected Honours and Awards
- Data61 PhD Scholarship, July 2019, Data61/CSIRO and ANU
- Data61 Top-up Scholarship, July 2019, Data61/CSIRO and ANU
- ANU HDR Fee Remission Merit Scholarship, July 2019, ANU
- Outstanding Graduate Award, June 2015, Yangzhou University
- Jingwen Zhu Scholarship, March 2015, Yangzhou University
- Principal's Scholarship (First Class), December 2014, Yangzhou University
- The Second Prize of Undergraduate Group B, C/C++ Program Design, Jiangsu Competition District of the 5th "Lanqiao Cup" National Software and Information Technology Professional Talent Competition, April 2014, Talent Exchange Centre, Industry and Informationised Department
- Principal's Scholarship (Second Class), December 2013, Yangzhou University
- Doctor of Philosophy - PhD, Computer Science, The Australian National University (22 July 2019 - present)
- Master of Professional Engineering - MPE, Software Engineering, The University of Western Australia (Feb 2016 - March 2018)
- Bachelor of Engineering - BE, Software Engineering, Yangzhou University (Sep 2011 - June 2015)
- The University of Western Australia (UWA)
- Teaching Assistant (CITS5508 Machine Learning), Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering (CSSE), March 2018 - July 2018
- Visiting Researcher, CSSE/UWA, 10 Oct 2018 - 09 Oct 2019
- iCetana Pty Ltd
- Computer Vision Research Intern (full-time), Research & Development (R&D), 2 July 2018 - 19 July 2019
- Machine Learning / Computer Vision Researcher (Casual Appointment, 20%), R&D, 22 July 2019 - present
- The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- Site Visiting Researcher, Machine Learning Research Group (MLRG), Data61/CSIRO, 21 Sep 2018 - 19 July 2019
- Postgraduate Research Student, MLRG, Data61/CSIRO, 22 July 2019 - present
- IEEE Student Member
- ACM Student Member
- IEEE Young Professionals Group
- Computer Vision Foundation (CVF) Member