Lei Wang received the M.E. degree in software engineering from University of Western Australia (UWA), Australia, in 2018.
He is currently pursuing a PhD degree with Australian National University (ANU) and Data61/CSIRO.
Since 2018, he has been a full-time Computer Vision Researcher with iCetana Pty Ltd. He was a Visiting Researcher in Machine Learning Research Group at Data61/CSIRO (former NICTA). He was also a Visiting Researcher with the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering, UWA.
He has been offered a number of competitive full PhD scholarships including ARC Industrial Transformation Training Centre Scholarship, UWA International Fee Scholarship, University Postgraduate Award, Data61 PhD Scholarship, Data61 Top-up Scholarship and ANU HDR Fee Remission Merit Scholarship.
His research interests include anomaly detection, human action modeling, meta learning and machine learning.
Lei is an IEEE Student Member.
- Machine Learning
- Pattern Recognition
- Computer Vision
- Deep Learning
|Analysis and Evaluation of Kinect-based Action Recognition Algorithms
Master’s thesis, School of the Computer Science and Software Engineering, The University of Western Australia
|A Comparative Review of Recent Kinect-based Action Recognition Algorithms
L Wang, DQ Huynh, P Koniusz
IEEE Transactions on Image Processing (TIP) 29 (1), 15-28
|Loss Switching Fusion with Similarity Search for Video Classification
L Wang, DQ Huynh, MR Mansour
26th IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), 974-978
|Hallucinating IDT Descriptors and I3D Optical Flow Features for Action Recognition with CNNs
L Wang, P Koniusz, DQ Huynh
IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), 8698-8708
|Tensor Representations for Action Recognition
P Koniusz, L Wang, A Cherian
IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence(TPAMI) (accepted 2019/12/24, to appear)
|System and Method of Video Data Retrieval
L Wang, M Reda Mansour, G Woods
AU Patent AU 2,019,900,316
|Method and System for Classifying Video Data
L Wang, G WoodsAU Patent AU 2,019,903,775
Lei would like to thank A/Prof. Du Q. Huynh (CSSE/UWA), Graeme Woods (iCetana's Head of Product), Dr. Moussa Reda Mansour (iCetana's former R&D Lead), Dr. Piotr Koniusz (Data61/CSIRO and CECS/ANU), and Dr. Debora Correa (Maths/UWA) for their guidance and support.
Selected Honours and Awards
- Data61 PhD Scholarship, July 2019, Data61/CSIRO and ANU
- Data61 Top-up Scholarship, July 2019, Data61/CSIRO and ANU
- ANU HDR Fee Remission Merit Scholarship, July 2019, ANU
- Outstanding Graduate Award, June 2015, Yangzhou University
- Jingwen Zhu Scholarship, March 2015, Yangzhou University
- Principal's Scholarship (First Class), December 2014, Yangzhou University
- The Second Prize of Undergraduate Group B, C/C++ Program Design, Jiangsu Competition District of the 5th "Lanqiao Cup" National Software and Information Technology Professional Talent Competition, April 2014, Talent Exchange Centre, Industry and Informationised Department
- Principal's Scholarship (Second Class), December 2013, Yangzhou University
- Doctor of Philosophy - PhD, Computer Science, The Australian National University (22 July 2019 - present)
- Master of Professional Engineering - MPE, Software Engineering, The University of Western Australia (Feb 2016 - March 2018)
- Bachelor of Engineering - BE, Software Engineering, Yangzhou University (Sep 2011 - June 2015)
- The University of Western Australia (UWA)
- Teaching Assistant (CITS5508 Machine Learning), Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering (CSSE), March 2018 - July 2018
- Visiting Researcher, CSSE/UWA, 10 Oct 2018 - 09 Oct 2019
- iCetana Pty Ltd
- Computer Vision Research Intern (full-time), Research & Development (R&D), 2 July 2018 - 19 July 2019
- Machine Learning / Computer Vision Researcher (Casual Appointment, 20%), R&D, 22 July 2019 - present
- The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- Site Visiting Researcher, Machine Learning Research Group (MLRG), Data61/CSIRO, 21 Sep 2018 - 19 July 2019
- Postgraduate Research Student, MLRG, Data61/CSIRO, 22 July 2019 - present
- IEEE Student Member
- IEEE Young Professionals Group
- Computer Vision Foundation (CVF) Member