Following my undergraduate studies I worked as a research engineer on projects involving manufacturing and design in the automotive and aerospace industries. I have been responsible for delivering, coordinating and developing courses in engineering at both undergraduate and postgraduate coursework level since 2007. In 2010 I completed the ANU Grad Cert in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education and 2011 participated in the AAEE (Australasian Association of Engineering Education) Winter School on engineering education research. I am an active member of AAEE and have published a number of papers in engineering education research conferences in Australia and overseas since 2010. Since 2011 I have been involved with five ANU VC education grants and an OLT Seed Grant in 2014. In 2015 I received an ANU VC's Award for Programs that Enhance Learning, in 2016 received a national OLT Citation for contributions to student learning, and in 2017 received an Award for Teaching Excellence from the Australian Awards for University Teaching.
- Convenor ENGN2226 System Analysis
- Convenor Engineering for a Humanitarian Context special topic
- Supervising ENGN4200 Individual Research and BE(R&D) students
- Mentoring ENGN4221 Systems Group Project Teams
- Director for the NAE Grand Challenge Scholars Program (GCSP) at the ANU
- Support for ENGN1211 Discovering Engineering and ENGN4200 Individual Research Project
Humanitarian Engineering, the role of engineering and technology on society and communities, appropriate technology, engineering education research, assistive technology