- Honours Degree in Information Technology with second class(Division 1) from University of Technology, Sydney (2011).
- Master Degree in Information Technology /Web Engineering and design from University of Western Sydney (2003).
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology /Software Engineering from University of Western Sydney (2001).
- Lecturer - Al-isra University/Amman, Jordan, Oct 2008 - Jul 2010
- Lecturer - Al-Zarqa University/Zarqa, Jordan, Sep 2006 - Sep 2008
- Teaching Assistant - Al-isra University/Amman, Jordan, Sep 2003 - Jan 2005
- Unsupervised Blocking Key Selection for Real-Time Entity Resolution
Banda Ramadan, Peter Christen
Accepted in theTHE 19TH PACIFIC-ASIA CONFERENCE ON KNOWLEDGE DISCOVERY AND DATA MINING (PAKDD 2015), Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, May 2015. (To appear online later)
- Forest-Based Dynamic Sorted Neighborhood Indexing for Real-Time Entity Resolution
Banda Ramadan, Peter Christen
Accepted in theThe 23rd ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM 2014), Shanghai, China November 2014.
- Dynamic Sorted Neighborhood Indexing for Real-Time Entity Resolution
Banda Ramadan, Peter Christen, Huizhi Liang.
Accepted in the 25th Australasian Database Conference (ADC 2014), Brisbane, Australia, July 2014.
- Two Stage Similarity-aware Indexing for Large-scale Real-time Entity Resolution
Shouheng Li, Huizhi Liang and Banda Ramadan
In Proceedings of the Eleventh Australasian Data Mining Conference (AusDM'13), Canberra, Australia, 2013. (To appear online later)
- Dynamic Similarity-Aware Inverted Indexing for Real-Time Entity Resolution
Banda Ramadan, Peter Christen, Huizhi Liang, Ross Gayler, and David Hawking.
In proceedings of the International Workshop on Data Mining Applications in Industry and Government(DMApps 2013), held at the Seventeenth Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD'13), Gold Coast, Australia, April 2013.
Paper (pdf, 272 KB)
Awards & Scholarships
- Australian Postgraduate Award Industry(APAI): Awarded by the Australian Government 2012
- IT Honors Scholarship for 2010 based on excellent academic achievement: Awarded By University of Technology Sydney (UTS) 2010
Entity resolution, Data Matching, Large-scale Indexing, Record Linkage, Parallel Computing.
The goal of Banda's research project is to develop new techniques for efficient real-time entity resolution for multiple large dynamic databases. The specific objectives are to develop indexing techniques that enable real-time matching of a stream of query records with several large databases.
Supervisors: Peter Christen, Huizhi Liang, David Hawking, and Peter Strazdins.
The goal of my research project is to develop new techniques for efficient real-time identity verification on multiple large dynamic databases that contain validated entities and records of known fraud. The specific objectives are to develop indexing techniques for entity resolution that enable real-time matching of a stream of query records with several large databases.