Ankita completed her Bachelor of Technology in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering ,with distinction, from Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India in 2015 . Later, in the same year, she joined Australian National University as a PhD student under the supervision of Dr. Takuya Tsuzuki, and currently working on developing inorganic semiconductors for solar fuel production. Ankita has research collaboration with the University of Wollongong, Australia and University of Lisbon, Portugal. Apart from research, Ankita is passionate about assisting students to develop better skills. She has been actively teaching several undergraduate and graduate courses at the Australian National University. She has also supervised 3 undergraduate students in Honors projects at the Australian National University during her PhD candidature. For her excellent teaching practices, she was honoured with "Excellent Tutor Award" from Research School of Engineering, ANU. She is also CECS Officer in Postgraduate and Research Student Association (PARSA) of ANU, where she represents and advocates for the best interest of CECS postgraduate students.
Nano Materials, Green Synthesis, Water Splitting, Energy conservation
- Ankita Gagrani, Mohammed Alsultan, Gerhard Swiegers, Takuya Tsuzuki, Photo-electrochemical oxygen evolution reaction by biomimetic CaMn2O4 catalyst, Applied Sciences, 2019..
- Ankita Gagrani, Bolun Ding, Yang Wang, Takuya Tsuzuki, pH dependent catalytic redox properties of Mn3O4 particles, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 2019, 231, 41-47.
- Ankita Gagrani, Takuya Tsuzuki, Calcium manganese oxides as biomimetic catalysts in energy applications: A short review, Chemical Engineering Science, 2018.
- Ankita Gagrani, Jingwei Zhou, Takuya Tsuzuki, Solvent free mechanochemical synthesis of MnO2 for the efficient degradation of Rhodamine-B, Ceramics International, 2018, 44 (5), 4694-4698.
- Harris, Jill, Phillip Kirsch, Meng Shi, Jirui Li, Ankita Gagrani, E. S. Krishna, Ahmad Tabish, Deepanshu Arora, Kishore Kothandaraman, David Cliff. Comparative analysis of coal fatalities in Australia, South Africa, India, China and USA, 2006-2010, Coal Operators’ Conference, 2014.