A delegation led by Johan Arnberg visited the Shandong University at Weihai (SDUW). The university is one of the major universities of advanced level in China developed through Project 211 and Project 985 under the Ministry of Education. It offers programs in a number of fields of study such as economics, law, arts, science, engineering and management. The university is one of our key partner universities and we have advance standing for a number of undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
The objective of this visit was to strengthen the existing partnership with SDUW and deliver a pre-departure session for students arriving at ANU in Semester 2, 2019. The delegation also organised a range of activities including academic information sessions, promotion of existing and new CECS degrees, Q&A session and other social activities with SDUW students and staff.
As part of the existing 2+2 undergraduate agreement, 39 students will enrol in CECS programs in Semester 2, 2019. The visit was a great success and was well attended by SDUW students.
Participating members from CECS included:
- Johan Arnberg: Manager, International Marketing and Partnerships
- Akeel Feroz: International Marketing and Partnerships Coordinator
- Lyndsey Chen-Yang: Student Experience Liaison Officer
- Ryan Pike: 4th-year BEng student (Mechatronics)
- David Lim: 4th-year BEng student (Mechanical & Materials)