The CECS Seminar Series highlights the role of Engineering and Computer Science in tackling diverse, interesting and important problems in our world, providing a forum to share ideas in this space. The Seminars provide an informal opportunity for academics and students to discuss research of broad interest, foster external collaborations and facilitate the cross pollination of ideas within the College.
to know more about the Dean's series, click here.
12–1pm 25 Sep 2019
Ellen considers emerging mechanisms of assurance, auditing and transparency in autonomous system design, drawing lessons from other science and engineering disciplines.
12–1pm 30 Oct 2019
It takes a night and day to fly from Canberra to Turku; the former capital of Finland, founded in the 13th century at the mouth of the Aura River.
- 'Cause we are living in a material world - Nick Birbilis – 31 Jul 2019
- Begin with the human: Designing for safety and trustworthiness in cyber-physical systems – 26 Jun 2019
- Constructing Cyber in 2019 - Dr Lesley Seebeck – 27 Mar 2019
- Alexey Loginov, Grammatech – 27 Mar 2019
- CECS Seminar Series with Professor Mark Jenkinson – 23 Oct 2018
- Dean's Luncheon with A/Professor Matthew Hole – 14 Sep 2018
- Secure Multi-party Computations in a Decentralised and Trustless Dark Pool – 8 Aug 2018
- In the air, on sea and on land: when will everything become solar? – 22 Jun 2018
- Paving the Way for Atomically Precise Manufacturing – 8 Dec 2017
- Simulating Interaction for Evaluation – 27 Nov 2017
- Innovation in the Age of Connectivity – 24 Nov 2017
- How Robots Have Politics – 1 Nov 2017
- Mobile, Snackable and Gamified Learning: What works, what doesn't? – 19 Sep 2017
- Smart Grid and Beyond: A Modelling and Control Perspective – 6 Sep 2017
- Top-Down and Bottom-Up Engineering Approaches to Understand and Build Adaptive Materials and Systems – 4 Sep 2017
- Prof Kylie Catchpole - Perovskite/Silicon Tandem Solar Cells for High Efficiency Photovoltaics – 7 Jul 2017
- Prof Steve Blackburn - Computer performance microscopy – 31 Mar 2017
- CECS Luncheon with Professor Andres Cuevas – 10 Oct 2016
- Nanoscale Engineering of Wearable Devices: a Promising Approach for Personalized and Preventive Medicine – 11 May 2016
- 15 Years of Universal Artificial Intelligence – 24 Sep 2015
- AI and Optimisation for Future Energy Systems – 19 Aug 2015
- Advances in thermal sciences for solar thermochecmical applications – 29 Jun 2015
- New era of Light Microscopy – 13 May 2015
- Why languages suck (and what we might do about it...) – 30 Oct 2014