The CECS Higher Degree by Research Supervision Forum will be a discussion of HDR supervision changes at ANU, common challenges reported by CECS HDR students, support and training available for HDR supervisors, and discussion of supervision strategies and best practice.
The Forum is open to all CECS academic staff, including those not currently supervising HDR students. New staff and early career academics are particularly encouraged to attend. The Forum will cover:
- Welcome and overview of HDR in CECS – Professor Daniel Macdonald, CECS Associate Dean (HDR)
- HDR Supervision Framework Update – Professor Peter Kanowski, Deputy Dean (HDR Supervision)
- Common issues for CECS HDRs – Professor Miriam Gani (ANU Dean of Students)
- CECS HDR administration and support – Cathy Ayres (CECS HDR Services Team Leader)
- Supervision experiences (A panel of CECS supervisors share their views on supervision strategies, challenges and best practice)
- Lunch and further discussions
Please RSVP by accepting and responding to the invitation with any dietary requirements by Friday 8th of February, 2019.
Any questions can be directed to the HDR Services team: firstname.lastname@example.org