Microsoft are looking to fill 2 technical graduate positions in their Canberra office. The successful applicants will be working with defence (therefore citizenship eligiblity criteria applies).
The position descriptions and application processes are descripbed below:
MACH Job description- Customer Facing Technology (CFT)
The Microsoft Academy for College Hires (MACH) is as an accelerated career development program designed to recruit and hire top-performing universities graduates across a broad range of roles. This program aims to cultivate your talent through training, mentoring and community support.
The MACH learning scheme is an 18-24 months comprehensive onboarding and development program that runs alongside your full-time job. As well as world-class training and coaching from some of the brightest minds, you can look forward to being part of a global community of over 1800 MACH peers in 60 countries.
It’s challenging. It’s rewarding. It’s everything you would expect of a World -Class program at one of the world’s most advanced technology companies.
MACH Customer Facing Technical Roles
Taking on a customer facing technical role, you’ll get to grips with the world’s most advanced technologies, see new products come to market and introduce cutting-edge technology solutions to our customers. We have some of the world’s biggest companies as clients. If you like the idea of developing technical solutions to help them overcome their business problems, this is the role for you.
We have two roles available in our Canberra office:
Consultants are strategists who work closely with information technology decision makers as well as business decision owners who come to Microsoft for specific and unique end-to-end solutions. Our consultants evaluate, design, and implement enterprise infrastructures and IT business solutions, often working on-site to help customers deploy their solutions. They continuously demonstrate their passion for the customer through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience. When asked, consultants help translate business requirements into technology requirements for inclusion in contract. Building upon solid IT project experience relative to their level, these consultants will work with Microsoft's partners to assist customers in the delivery of high quality engagements around Microsoft's solution areas, technologies and products in diverse client environments. Consultants participate in the complete life-cycle of large and complex projects’ and/or statements of work (SOW)
Premier Field Engineer
As a Premier File Engineer (PFE), you will be responsible for delivering dedicated technical solution support to strategic Microsoft customers ensuring the health of their IT infrastructure. PFEs have strong customer service, problem solving, and communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment. PFEs partner with the customer’s Technical Account Manager and the local account team to effectively plan for delivery and document action plans and daily status updates for the customer and Microsoft management. PFEs act as the primary onsite technical contact, providing customer visibility, advanced technical troubleshooting support and problem resolution for Product Support Services and corporate customers, including issues escalated to the highest levels of management.
· On-track to complete or within 12-months of graduation of Bachelor or Master’s degree in business, technical or engineering majors.
· Have less than 2 years combined (full-time) related work experience
· Must be an Australian Citizen
· Passion and experience with the following; development with .NET languages, C#, VB.Net, C/C++, XML and scripting, COM/DCOM/COM+, MSMQ, data access technologies, transaction processing, networking, .Net Framework 2.0 to 4.5, IIS, ASP.Net, SQL Server & SharePoint Server.
· Evaluates & builds solutions based on customer perspective
· Good understanding of the relationship between technology and business
· Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
· Takes responsibility and holds others accountable for actions, decisions, and goals
· Works with confidence, energy & drive
· Thriving in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
Students must submit the following information to email@example.com with "Austrlian National University" and the title of the position you're applying for in the email subject:
- Current CV;"
- an Expression of Interest indicating which of the two positions they're interesred in and addressing the minimum qualifications;
- Confirmation of your expected graduation date;
- Confirm the number of years work experience you've had to date.