CEA Technologies is seeking a capable and enthusiastic entry level Software Engineer (final year student or recent graduate) to participate in all phases of system development, from initial design through to implementation and testing, and on to in-service support. This role is based in Canberra.
About the Company
CEA is a private Australian company specialising in the design, development, manufacture and through life support of radar, missile illumination and communications technologies. We work in partnership with Defence industry and Government to provide cost-effective solutions and in service support capabilities.
About the Position – Software Engineer
As an entry level Software Engineer, you will work on a variety of host and target platforms in a broad range of areas including:
• Real-time control systems;
• Embedded signal processing;
• GUI-based command and control systems;
• Simulation and modelling; and
• Large scale data analysis.
Due to the mission critical nature of our systems, our primary goal is product quality. To achieve this goal, we employ expert staff and apply state of the art tools in a mature, process-orientated, and highly-disciplined Engineering environment.
You will need to have recently completed, or be nearing completion of, a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline. Relevant experience in any of the areas listed above would also be advantageous.
To be considered for this role, you will also need to have:
• An understanding of OO design methodologies and practices;
• Skills in real time embedded software engineering techniques and technology;
• Familiarity with source code control systems and their usage;
• Strong problem solving skills and the ability to quickly understand and adopt new technology;
• Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment; and
• Proficiency in an OO language, preferably C++, but Engineers with expertise in other languages are still encouraged to apply.
You will receive:
• Great company with a safe and friendly work environment;
• Competitive remuneration package; and
• Excellent staff benefits, including 22 annual leave days and free parking.
This role requires an Australian Government security clearance. The successful candidate MUST be eligible for a security clearance.
In order to apply for this position, you must have the right to live and work in Australia.
We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds including women, mature age candidates and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people. Please note all applicants must be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and the successful candidate MUST be able to obtain clearance prior to commencement.
How to apply
To be considered for this role, please include both a cover letter and resume and complete the screening questions.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date of applications. CEA encourages the submission of early applications.