Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives. Symantec’s Global Security Office is the team within Symantec charged with defending, protecting and securing the company and its employees. GSO has internships available in its Digital Trust and Safety function, based in Sydney, Australia.
GSO’s Digital Trust and Safety program aims to cultivate a more resilient organization by empowering staff with the tools and knowledge they need to help protect Symantec. Interns will have the opportunity to work on web development projects that incorporate machine learning, develop learning experiences for staff, or running attack simulations.
Preferred skills and attributes include:
- Strong foundation in software development, interaction design or data science
- Previous experience in web design and development, including the use of MVC web frameworks (e.g. Django, Rails, Angular, React)
- Interest and willingness to tackle a range of problems including designing across multiple device types and contexts, and for a range of different users
- Ability to think creatively to design and develop user-centric learning experiences
- Demonstrable interest in cyber security
- Experience in machine learning is desirable but not necessary
This opportunity is based in Sydney on a full-time basis over the December-February summer period. The opportunity is open to all students, but subject to background checks.
Interns will be paid $25-$30/hour + superannuation.
Applications close 3 December 2018. Send your CV to Talent Acquisition at Rebecca_teece@symantec.com.