Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.Symantec’s Global Security Office is the team within Symantec charged with defending, protecting and securing the company and its employees. GSO has internships available in its Application Security function, based in Sydney, Australia.
The Application Security program aims to empower Symantec’s globally-distributed software engineering teams to embrace secure coding practices. It also coordinates the triage of application security issues discovered by internal staff. Interns will be provided opportunities to conduct penetration testing, build test automation, triage bug reports and develop learning experiences for staff.
Preferred skills and attributes include:
- Enrolled in computer science or software engineering;
- A passion for web security, as demonstrated by selection of security courses, participation in CTFs and bug bounties, OSCP certification etc.
- Understanding of security vulnerabilities and common software engineering flaws
- Contributions to the software development and security communities.
- A working understanding of web applications and web technologies,
- A confident programmer.
This opportunity is based in Sydney on a full-time basis over the December-February summer period. The opportunity is open to all students, but subject to background checks.
Interns will be paid $25-$30/hour + superannuation.
Applications close 3 December 2018. Send your CV to Talent Acquisition at Rebecca_teece@symantec.com.