Cochlear Systems Engineering Department Team Mission:
"We practice Systems Engineering to create and drive the right solution for our customers and professional partners. We build perspective. We empower others. We facilitate communication.
Come join us for an internship, to learn and be part of shaping how Cochlear systems work end to end. You’ll see the big picture, working with cross-functional teams with tight interrelationships, to translate what our customers need into product/feature/interface designs that you’ll then characterise, integrate and release. We’re close to the customer, here you see it all come together."
Cochlear are offering a full-time, paid internship, based in Sydney, commencing in August 2019 and extending through to the Summer holidays. This internship may be taken as either ENGN3100 (0-Unit Work Experience) or as ENGN3200 (6-24 Unit Engineering Internship), noting that the latter will require available space within your program). Priority will be given to students completing this internship for academic credit.
- Minimum GPA of 6.0/7.0.
- Students are in their penultimate year of study in an undergraduate Engineering program.
- Applicants are Australian citizens or permanent residents who are able to work permanently without sponsorship (for visa purposes) and can commence full time, permanent employment following their graduation.
- Mechatronics or Biomedical Systems Engineering preferred, followed by Electrical/Electronics/Software Engineering, and finally Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstration of leadership skills and a self-starter, either within ANU or outside student life.
- Demonstrated collaboration and communication skills.
Submit your online application here by Sunday 28 April, 2019.
Along with this online application, you will be required to submit:
- Your up to date CV;
- A statement addressing the above criteria; and
- An unlocked copy of your ANU transcript
Please send these documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 28 April, 2019.
Shortlisted applications will be forwarded to Cochlear in early May 2019, and these applicants may be contacted directly by Cochlear for interview prior to final selection.
For enquiries about the internship, please contact Joe Coventry (email@example.com) (ENGN3200 Internship Convenor)
For enquiries about the application process and supporting documentation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org