Instaclustr is the open source as-a-service company, delivering reliability at scale. Our service is built and operated from Canberra, provides cutting-edge open source technologies (Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Elasticsearch) to our customers around the world. You'll deliver high quality solutions to challenging problems, and your ideas and perspectives will be valued and make a difference.
Since being founded in 2013, Instaclustr has grown strongly, with over 100 customers worldwide, and over 3000 nodes under management. With new funding and big plans to broaden our offering, we have decided to grow our engineering team.
We are seeking up to three computer science undergraduates for casual positions (up to 20 hours per week during semester and 40/hrs a week during uni break) to work alongside our engineering teams undertaking a range of smaller tasks to help us get stuff done and improve the quality of our products.
This is an opportunity to get some hands-on experience with these technologies while working with Instaclustr’s experienced development and technical operations teams.
Work will be varied and including:
* creating tutorials and other technical user documentation for our Managed Apache Cassandra, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka and ElasticSearch offerings
* assisting our dev teams with testing tasks
* developing utilities and less critical development
* The position requires excellent written English communication skills,
* Basic linux admin and Java development skills and strong ability to learn new technologies.
* Some existing understanding of Apache Cassandra, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka or ElasticSearch would be highly regarded.
Location and hours
* Up to 20 hours per week during semester and 40/hrs a week during uni break
* We anticipate that team members would have the opportunity to work full time during university holidays and be embedded with our engineering teams.
* Working hours will be in our offices on the University of Canberra campus.
What we offer
- Competitive rate
- Startup culture, including regular games nights and other social outings.
- Flexible working arrangements
- No corporate dress code (but plenty of Instaclustr gear)
- Opportunity to work full time
- A well defined career model and opportunities for progression.
- Coffee machine and snacks, games room
- Bright newly renovated office on UC campus
* Apply via the following link https://instaclustr.jobs.subscribe-hr.com/jobs/70-australia-casual-software-engineer
Applications close 15 November