Appointments and Drop-Ins
All current ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) students, can email email@example.com for assistance. Please note, Student Services often experience very high volumes of email equiries at beginning of semester and other busy times. As an alternative to email, you can connect with CECS staff via online Virtual Front Counter (VFC) sessions. See details below.
For online assistance, drop in to one of our Virtual Front Counter (VFC) sessions
- CECS virtual front counter via Zoom
Meeting ID: 553 170 4932 Password: 720214
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- 3-4pm (AEDT)
CECS Student Services is located at Level 2, CSIT Building, 108, North Rd.
Our virtual front counter consultations are generally 5-10 minutes long. However, we do recognise that in some circumstances (e.g. complex or sensitive enquiries, complaints, study-plan/degree checking, etc.) a longer consultation may be required.
If you have a complicated question that you'd like to discuss with one of our advisers, please book an appointment at: cecsacademicadvice.setmore.com. Our consultations are currently via ANU Zoom. You will receive a Zoom invitation via email once you have booked an appointment. If you prefer to have an in-person appointment, you can let us know.
Coursework students services
The Student Services, Employability and Experience Team is your one-stop shop for all student-related matters. Our office provides support throughout the life of your degree, including:
- enrolments and course advice
- student consultations and drop-in sessions
- student mobility (e.g. exchange, study abroad, short study tours and cross-instiutional study)
- employability (internships, work experience and employment opportunities)
- academic progress
- and student support and pastoral care.
- Drop-ins and consultations
- Project courses
Team: Alannah, Anh, Saskia and Russell
Research students services
The Higher Degree Research (HDR) team provides administrative advice and support, as well as general pastoral care to students undertaking a Research degree in CECS. The team's key responsibilities fall into six broad categories:
- HDR Admissions
- HDR Scholarships
- HDR Candidature Administration
- HDR Examinations
- HDR Welfare and Support
- and Supervisory Panel support.
Team: Anh, Tony, Tim, Kathryn and Russell
Academic staff services
The Academic Education Services team provides our academic colleagues with expert guideance and support in the administration of CECS coursework progams and courses. Our portfolio includes (but is not limited to):
- governance/curriculum management
- student misconduct/ and appeals
- course scheduling and timetabling
- examinations and course result processing.
Team: Dartha, Nimali, Jane, Sandra