DefendTex is an Australian based Defence company with a strong focus on innovation, research and technology development. DefendTex services military and law enforcement communities around the world.
DefendTex are seeking Mechanical Engineers to join an expanding team working on the development of cutting-edge Defence technologies. The successful applicant will be required to perform 3D CAD modelling of systems sub-components, assemblies and tooling as well as providing detailed manufacturing drawings.
The successful applicant will assist in designing and physically developing prototype Defence systems. The role will involve extensive testing to inform and optimise the respective systems. The role will also require the development of a manufacturing process for the candidate systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Design and development of mechanical components, systems and tooling for military systems
• 3D CAD modelling of components and assemblies to be used in military systems
• Preparation of manufacturing drawings including tolerancing and dimensioning to Australian Standards
• Carrying out critical design reviews and design optimisation
• Working as part of a multi-disciplinary development team
• Manufacturing test samples and prototypes
• Assisting in testing campaigns including field testing
• Applied research in the field of military technologies
• Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)
• 3D CAD modelling experience (SolidWorks preferred)
• Sound knowledge of mechanical systems design
• Good understanding of engineering materials: specifically, metals, polymers and composites
• Hands-on, practical approach to engineering problem solving
• Experience preparing manufacturing drawings to AS 1100
• Knowledge of design for manufacture and assembly principles
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes, specifically machining, injection moulding, 3D printing and fabrication
• Australian Citizenship
• Must pass the Australian Government BASELINE security check
• Not be a prohibited person under Section 3 of the Firearms Act 1996 (Victoria)
• Experience with FEA tools and simulation
• Strives to learn in a dynamic work environment
• Basic understanding of electronic systems
Team work is critical to us so you must be a team player, able to work in a mixed discipline environment ensuring your designs integrate and function first time, every time.
- Competitive remuneration
- Great facilities at our office in Melbourne’s South East
- Genuine learning and development opportunities
- Opportunity to innovate and see it come to life
- Working in a dynamic team environment with talented engineers who are supported by senior management to develop innovative, novel
applications for defence and law enforcement is what it’s all about for DefendTex engineers.
- DefendTex engineers have the opportunity to work collaboratively with external research organisations for many projects, ensuring our
team are offered ongoing professional learning.
To express you interest in a role with DefendTex, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com