Open to female students about to enter their final year or final semester of study.
This scholarship is offered in memory of Katie Duczmal, a principal consultant in cybersecurity for Shearwater Solutions. The scholarship aims to support female students who have an interest in a career in cybersecurity and who are in their final year of study. The scholarship will reimburse the student for their tuition fees in their final year of study and will provide the student with a paid internship during that year to give them work experience and mentoring, in the field of Information Security.
· This scholarship is open to female students about to enter their final year or final semester of study.
· This scholarship is open to students studying for a vocational qualification (Cert IV, diploma, adv. diploma) or higher education degree or certificate (bachelors, honours, grad cert, grad dip, masters, doctorate) in IT or a related field, and who have a demonstrable interest in a career in cybersecurity.
· This scholarship is only open to Australian citizens or permanent residents studying at an Australian education institute
Students wishing to be considered for this scholarship are required to submit the following before the cut-off date:
· A letter detailing your background, the inspiration for choosing a career in cyber security, and your future career aspirations in the field.
· A CV
· A copy of your transcripts to date (unofficial transcripts or screenshots are acceptable, though official transcripts may be required if successful)
· A letter of recommendation from an academic who has taught you at the institution you are currently studying at.
Documents should be submitted in electronic format to:
The cut-off date for applications is: 15 October 2020
For more information and terms and conditions visit https://www.shearwater.com.au/katie-duczmal-memorial-scholarship/