Want to build a real product instead of corporate apps?
Funnelback’s search engine research and development team are looking for a talented Software Engineer based in Canberra. We’re an exciting and growing company headquartered in Canberra, with offices around Australia as well as in London, Seattle, and Chicago. We provide innovative website and enterprise search solutions to organisations such as Westpac, the Australian Securities Exchange, Legal & General, London School of Economics, University of Cambridge and Southwest Airlines.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing new search-engine functionality and helping to support our partner's search implementation projects Working on both back-end (Java/Spring MVC) and administration front-end (Angular) aspects of Funnelback.
- Driving features from concept through scoping, development and testing to release in an agile (Kanban) environment.
You'll have opportunities to:
- Work on systems where performance is about algorithms, not database indexes.
- Develop skills in machine learning technologies and information retrieval.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience efficiently learning complex systems and frameworks, with a desire to understand how things work ‘under the hood’.
- Experience designing features to consider user interactions and incorporating feedback in an agile development process.
- Experience with continuous integration systems, version control and building automated tests.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts concisely and clearly.
- Knowledge of both Unix and Windows operating systems.
- Extensive exposure to web and search technologies.
Funnelback is made up of a diverse range of passionate people who love to roll up their sleeves to compete with companies like Google and Microsoft.
Every Funnelback employee enjoys a range of workplace benefits such as a generously stocked kitchen, games area, a healthy lifestyle allowance and an innovative leave scheme allowing you to take up to 30 days paid leave per year.
If becoming an expert in awesome search technology sounds like you, send in your application and, in a cover letter, tell us why this role is meant to be yours. We can't wait to meet you!
Apply via our Careers page: https://funnelback.workable.com/jobs/829656
Closing date for applications: Wed, 31/10/2018