- $52,004 - $58,463 (plus super)
The Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) sponsors an Internship Program for tertiary students studying in ICT, Cyber Security, Information Security, Engineering, Mathematics or other related fields. Internships are undertaken during university summer holidays (Nov-Feb).
ASD are interested in individuals who want to further their knowledge and understanding of ICT delivery, cyber security, information security, cryptography, or data science in a workplace environment. Roles may include engagement, advice and technical disciplines.
Internships are project-based, relating to current programs or future initiatives such as:
- research, development, design and testing of tools and programs for cyber security analysis, development and exploitation
- perform software vulnerability analysis and auditing, including code analysis, static analysis, fuzzing, reverse engineering and vulnerability research
- contribute to, review and test existing and new cyber and information security policies including utilisation of SecDevOps techniques
- perform malware analysis including binary code review both static and dynamic, web shell analysis
- develop guidance, products and communication strategies to enhance cyber and information security awareness and implement best practice
- design and build complex infrastructure solutions including virtualisation, data storage and user interfaces
- data science and analytics, including predictive and prescriptive analytics and machine learning
- research and investigate new directions in cryptography
Students will be engaged on a non-ongoing short-term intermittent contract for 3 months from 25 November 2019 to 21 February 2020 at an ASD2 level salary. The Internship Program is based at the Australian Cyber Security Centre, Canberra.
How to apply: Click HERE to apply for this program.