Title: Engineering Intern
Level: APS 1
Reports to: Manager Transport Safety
The ATSB's function is to improve safety and public confidence in the aviation, marine and railmodes of transport through excellence in:
• independent investigation of transport accidents and other safety occurrences
• safety data recording, analysis and research
• fostering safety awareness, knowledge and action.
As an Engineering Intern your main role will be supporting the operations of the ATSB, specifically the Vehicle Recorders specialist group. This group manages the download and analysis of recorded data from accidents and incidents. You will be assigned projects and tasks that increase the group’s capability and efficiency for analysing data.
The Engineering Intern will be required to have the following competencies:
• technical skills appropriate to the list of projects attached
• high-level verbal and written communication skills
• demonstrated organisational skills, and timeliness
• ability to work autonomously and in teams.
Academic Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following in order to be shortlisted for this opportunity:
- Must have completed a minimum of 96 units (2 years) of your academic program; and
- Must have a 65% average in your current program of study; and
- Must have sufficient space in your remaining program for an 18-24 unit internship (i.e. Engineering or University Electives and/or Research Project Space).
Submit an unlocked copy of your academic transcript, your resume and a short Expression of Interest answering the following questions (maximum 500 words) via email to CECS Student Services (firstname.lastname@example.org
1. How do you approach and resolve problems or disagreements when working in a group?
2. How do you manage workloads and competing priorities?
3. Please describe how your technical skills would support the project work required.
11:59pm Wednesday 31st May, 2017
Please see the attachment for additional information on the work you'll be engaged with during your internship at ATSB