Instaclustr is one of Australia's growing open source as-a-service company, delivering reliability at scale. We manage cutting edge open source technologies (Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Redis, Elasticsearch) for our customers around the world. Recently, Instaclustr named in Deloitte’s 2020 fast 500 companies of North America after another monumental growth year,
Since its foundation in 2013, Instaclustr has seen significant growth, with over 200 large scale and really exciting customers spread across the globe, and over 6000 servers under our management. We have offices in Australia, the USA, and Europe and employ over 250 people worldwide.
Instaclustr makes it easy for our customers to run powerful open source applications at the highest levels of scale. We have developed a platform that takes care of the whole lifecycle: provisioning infrastructure, installing applications and, most importantly, keeping the applications running reliably in production. Our customers operate 24 x7 and our business does too - our operations team is spread across the globe to provide fast, expert support and operational responses.
We’re looking for recent graduates to join our 2022 Graduate Program. We believe fresh and innovative thinking is vital to our future success. The Graduate Program is designed to provide comprehensive training to develop a meaningful career in technical operations space.
Applications close - Midnight Sunday, 25th September, 2021!
Start Date: January/February 2022
- To be considered, you need to have completed an undergraduate degree or postgraduate studies prior to February 2022 and completed studies no earlier than Nov 2019.
- The application should include an academic transcript. Applications without transcripts will not be considered.
Our TechOps Engineers are the frontline team keeping our large fleet of cloud-hosted Apache Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Redis and Elasticsearch clusters up and running. Every day you will diagnose and solve challenging and interesting technical problems providing a service that is relied on by some of the leading global names in tech to deliver for millions of end users.
But I don't know Apache Cassandra or Kafka or Elasticsearch!
Do not worry, we'll teach you. We are hiring talented engineers with strong core IT skills that love to master new technologies. Not only will you be learning from some of the best and brightest minds in the field, you'll even get the opportunity to take it one step further and be paid to contribute code back to the Apache open source projects.
I'm interested. What else will I be doing?
- Follow defined scope of service and assigned tasks
- Ensure each ticket are reviewed and actioned in a timely manner based on priority. Identity tickets that requires assistance from experienced team members, they must be brought to notice in a timely manner
- Provide good operational support to our nodes running in the cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP), using technologies such as Linux (CoreOS, Ubuntu), Docker, and languages including Java, Python and bash.
- Be a proactive, reliable, and supportive member of the TechOps team, and participate in a rotating shift roster
Skills & Experience
We are looking for smart engineers with exceptional communication skills, a positive attitude, and a passion for IT and learning new things. We expect you to become proficient in the range of technologies we use.
You have 0-3 years working experience in addition to:
- Good fundamental computer science / software engineering skills
- Good knowledge and experience with Linux and be comfortable working from the command line. This is essential, there are no GUIs here.
- Basic programming skills in Python, Java, bash scripting, SQL
- Exceptional ability to communicate clearly and professionally in written and verbal English (essential).
- Follow required processes and procedures.
- Work as part of a team and use your initiative to get things done.
- Passion for all things IT, and especially open source.
- Any customer service experience is favorable.
What we offer:
- A family first environment
- Awesome social activities – New starter BBQs, cook offs, bowling, Badminton etc
- Regular games nights
- Special interest social groups
- Workplace flexibility and great work-life balance
- Growing Global company
- Learn from incredibly talented people
- Start-up culture
- Exciting and fast-growing industry
- Company SWAG – Hoodies, t-shirt, thongs etc
- New Laptop
- Structured personal development week to undertake your own project
- Our rotation program which is a great opportunity for broadening your skills and experience by working with different people, teams, and technologies
- A well defined career model and opportunities for progression
- Phone bill allowance
- Wellness club with free fitness training sessions 3 times per week
- Wellbeing programs to nurture the body, mind and soul
Instaclustr is an equal opportunity employer. By joining us, you'll be part of an organization that fosters diversity. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.