Instaclustr is one of Australia's growing open source as-a-service companies, delivering reliability at scale. We manage cutting edge open source technologies (Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Elasticsearch, Redis and PostgreSQL) for our customers around the world. Recently, Instaclustr was named in Deloitte’s 2020 fast 500 companies of North America after another monumental growth year,
Since its foundation in 2013, Instaclustr has seen significant growth, with over 200 large scale, exciting customers across the globe. We have over 6000 servers under our management. Our 250 people are located remotely and in offices in Australia, the USA, and Europe.
Instaclustr makes it easy for our customers to run powerful open source applications at the highest levels of scale. We have developed a platform that takes care of the whole lifecycle: provisioning infrastructure, installing applications and, most importantly, keeping the applications running reliably in production. Our customers operate 24 x7 and our business does too - our operations team is spread across the globe to provide fast, expert support and operational responses.
We are seeking computer science undergraduates for casual positions (up to 20 hours per week during semester and 38/hrs a week during uni break) to work alongside our engineering teams undertaking a range of smaller tasks to help us get stuff done and improve the quality of our products.
This is an opportunity to get some hands-on experience with these technologies while working with Instaclustr’s experienced development and technical operations teams.
Work will be varied and may include
● Working as a team member in an agile team developing new products and features using modern technology.
● Undertaking coding, debugging and troubleshooting in Java, Python, AngularJS, PostgreSQL and other tools.
● Following, and helping drive improvement in, standard QA and other development processes.
● Documentation review, organisation and maintenance.
● Customer ticket review, ensuring issues are resolved, and issue histories are maintained
● Documentation review, organisation and search optimisation
● Technical operations tools development, working in an environment with Linux, Python, Bash, Docker, and Ansible.
● Testing documented changes (including performance testing.
● Creating and maintaining customer facing support pages
● Evaluating new candidate offerings for the product roadmap
● Assisting in the development of communication material for our product offerings
● The position requires excellent communication skills and teamwork,
● Basic Linux admin and Java development skills and strong ability to learn new technologies.
Location and hours
● Up to 20 hours per week during semester and 40/hrs a week during uni break
● We anticipate that team members would have the opportunity to work full time during university holidays and be embedded with our engineering teams.
● Working hours will be in our offices on the University of Canberra campus.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and current active transcript directly to email@example.com along with an expression of interest for the casual position. Subject line for the email should be: “Instaclustr - Casual Software Engineer - your full name”
Note: The application should include an academic transcript. Applications without transcripts will not be considered.