There’s never been a better time to be at AGL
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people.
If you’re set on making real change for tomorrow, we have the scale, resources and ambition to get it started today.
Now’s an extraordinary time to work with us. We’re taking the lead on renewables and expanding our products to make them more sustainable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
That’s what we call progress. To achieve it, we’re bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, backgrounds and talent – and we need yours too!
About the Role
- Exciting paid opportunity to gain work experience within our industry
- Be assigned to a station-based team and work on a number of projects
- Competitive remuneration
Our Industrial Work Experience (IWE) Program provides students with an exciting paid opportunity to gain work experience within our industry.
Students will be assigned to a station-based team where they will work on a number of applicable projects.
We are seeking students who are currently studying:
- Chemical Engineering or Science (Chemistry)
- Civil/Structural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Environmental Management/Science (or similar), Environment Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechatronic/Computer Engineering
To participate in this program, you will need to be:
- In the second or final year of studying a relevant undergraduate degree
- Enthusiastic and able to demonstrate high levels of potential
- Willing to work at the Bayswater and/or Liddell power stations, which are located between Muswellbrook and Singleton
- Permitted to work in Australia
- Available to commit to the full duration of the Program which runs for 10 weeks, commencing from Monday 7 December 2020 to and including Friday 12 February 2021
If you meet the criteria and are interested in participating for this invaluable opportunity, please click on the apply button.
Your application should include the following:
- Cover Letter which addresses your area of interest for the IWE, and the University Degree you are completing
- Current course results
We'd love to see your application submitted by this date: Sunday 11th October 2020.
At AGL all employees are encouraged to be themselves and to bring their whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTI+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. AGL has a commitment to maintain a diverse workforce, so welcomes the opportunity for applicants to share their lived experiences but recognises that some applicants may not wish to disclose, so that option is supported.