Defire is one of Australia’s most established fire safety engineering consultancies. Our success builds upon a strong commitment to providing high quality fire safety solutions for our clients and the community.
Defire’s fire safety engineers work on unique and challenging projects across Australia, developing innovative and practical fire safety solutions using the latest modelling and simulation tools available to the fire safety industry.
Established in 2001, Defire employs 26 staff from around the world and has offices in Sydney, Canberra, Perth and Brisbane.
We are seeking an enthusiastic engineer who has recently graduated or has up to three years experience to join our Canberra team.
• A university mechanical/structural/chemical/interdisciplinary engineering undergraduate degree
• Australian permanent resident or citizen
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• The ability to write clear and concise reports
• Excellent communication skills for interacting with our clients
• The ability to work within a team environment
• High levels of motivation, enthusiasm and flexibility
• Building Code of Australia knowledge in the area of fire safety
• Knowledge and proficiency with computer based models
• An interest in structural fire safety engineering would also be highly sought after
What we offer
Defire offers the opportunity to be part of a team of engineers where you will contribute ideas and assist with fire safety assessments – including smoke spread and evacuation modelling. You will also attend design meetings, site inspections and presentations to approval authorities and clients.
Our engineers have the opportunity to work on a wide range of exciting projects, covering many sectors including residential, commercial, retail, industrial, hospital and infrastructure. As a small specialist firm, it doesn’t take long at Defire for new employees to be managing their own projects with the support of a mentor.
Salary and benefits
We offer a competitive salary package based on individual experience and qualifications as well as a biannual bonus scheme. Defire is focused on maintaining work life balance, with all staff enjoying regular social events, six weeks annual leave, annual superannuation contribution and a gym membership.
If this positions sounds interesting to you and you would like the opportunity to work in a dynamic specialist fire safety engieering consultancy, please send your CV, along with references and academic transcript to: firstname.lastname@example.org
by Tuesday 31st January 2017
Must be eligible to work in Australia.
If you have any specific questions in regards to this position, please contact Defire on 02 6260 8488.