Warringtonfire Australia, part of the Element Group, has an opportunity for a Graduate Fire Assessment Engineer to join our growing team. This is a great opportunity to develop your career within a Global business. Our Fire Assessment Engineers are responsible for providing technical consulting services relating to the fire performance of materials, products or form of construction. You will, among others, be responsible for providing independent consulting services to assess the fire performance of materials or systems that are already tested or will be. This will incorporate variations to tested prototypes or developing testing and assessment programmes, in accordance with the framework outlined in the National Construction Code (NCC).
Please note that this role could be based in any of our Australian offices located in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra or Perth however a higher level of consideration may be given to applicants from, or are willing to relocate to Canberra.
- Preparation of technical fire rating assessment reports
- Undertake internal assessment report QA reviews
- Work with test engineers to assist in developing testing / assessment programmes
- Assist in scoping and preparation of formal quotes
- Assist in preparation of weekly, monthly and annual forecast reporting for OTD and financials
- Preparation of reports, attendance at meetings, management of projects and client liaison
- Maintain a technical consistent approach to assessments with other Warringtonfire assessment teams globally
- Implementation and continued application of QA policies for the consultancy business operations
- Undertake work in accordance with Element policies and procedures
- Other services as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering background with AQF level 7 (Bachelor Degree) or higher
- Coherent theoretical and technical knowledge with depth in one or more engineering area based on background
- Well-developed cognitive, technical and communication skills to select and apply methods and technologies to:
- Analyse and evaluate information to complete a range of activities
- Analyse, generate and transmit solutions to unpredictable and sometimes complex problems
- Transmit knowledge, skills and ideas to others
- Current (recent) knowledge of conducting and / or witnessing and / or analysing test data including mode of failure analysis
- Knowledge of the NCC is preferred
- Knowledge or familiarity with relevant standards associated with Warringtonfire Australia NATA Accreditation and fire standards from overseas is preferred
- Eager to learn and step up
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration businesses in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.