We’re a quality essential service provider that’s passionate about supporting the health, safety and wellbeing of our community. We also provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience of working with us both professionally and personally rewarding.
The expression of interest
We’re currently seeking expressions of interest for our 2020 / 2021 Summer Vacation Employment Program from students studying in the following areas:
- Electrical engineering
- Mechatronics engineering
Our program provides opportunities for students undertaking tertiary studies to apply their learning’s and gain valuable experience in their chosen field. You’ll learn from experienced mentors and be provided with continual training and support.
You’ll also get an understanding of the various career pathways available to you in the Water Industry.
Key selection criteria
- Enthusiasm to learn and adapt to new challenges
- An ability to work as part of a team, to achieve team objectives
- Good presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management skills with an ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applications from women and men, people with disabilities, LGBTI, ATSI, culturally and ethnically diverse candidates to best represent and engage with communities we live and work in.
How to apply
For specific enquiries relating to this expression of interest, please contact Isis Brammall, Organisational Development Administrator on 03 5177 4747.
Applications close at 9 am on Monday 28 September 2020.
To be considered you’ll need to submit the following:
- A copy of your academic record
- A cover letter outlining why you’re interested in working for us and how it fits with your career aspirations
- Responses to the four key selection criteria listed above. Your responses need to include specific examples demonstrating how you have met each skill or ability
- A CV including the names and contact details of two referees
Please note that all of these documents are required to progress in the recruitment process.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and a National Police Check.
Please note this is an expression of interest only. It is anticipated these 12 week placements would commence on Monday 23 November 2020.