We are looking for collaborative, self-starting and energetic undergraduates to join us for the student vacation period.
We will provide you with on the job coaching and teach you in-line with safe work practices, while you build your technical skills.
You will be in your second last year of study and you care about building practical experience to conceptualise your studies. Whilst the program is generally full time hours, we will consider applications from candidates seeking a part time arrangement due to part time working Visa’s.
We want you to be:
* Determined to provide solutions
* Open to learning new things
* Committed to safety
* Passionate about energy
* Open to thrive in a team environment
As a vacation student with us, you will get to work on one of the following:
* Project A - Data informed Customer Experience. The recommended areas of study include Data Science or equivalent
* Project B - Vegetation and Inspection, Network Services. The recommended areas of study include Social Science
* Project C & D - Environment and Vegetation. The recommended areas of study include Environmental Science or Data Science
* Project E - Optimal Suburb infrastructure to enable a renewable energy future. The recommended areas of study include Engineering with a relevant major
* Project F - Fun with Data. The recommended areas of study include Systems Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent
* Project G - Next Generation Digital Zone Substation - The recommended areas of study include Engineering with a relevant major
What does a day in the life of a vacation student look like?
* You are tasked with challenging and 'hands on' work every single day
* You will contribute to meaningful work for the Canberra community
Evoenergy are an electricity and gas distribution business that are committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified tradespeople who are passionate about powering our community.
We need our workforce to be as diverse and engaged as the communities we serve, so Evoenergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages.
We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
Applications will close on Sunday 3rd November 2019.
Or, if you need guidance with the application process, you can contact Courtney Wright, Talent Sourcing Advisor on 02 6248 3426