This position is offered through the ANU Computing Internship
Sightdata provides unique solutions to construction safety through the use of computer vision AI tools. We are a startup company that over the past year have been in development of construction safety modules that will be deployed as proof of concepts within the year 2021. Both founders are ex-ANU students and believe there is a lot of potential for new innovative tools in the construction industry.
There are 4 internship projects on offer with Sightdata
Project 2: Machine Learning Engineering
This project involves the learning and application of innovative machine learning techniques in traditional construction environments. Guided by Sightdata this is a great opportunity to work directly on ML application to create real world tools
Required/preferred technical skills
Python, Pytorch, AWS, Kafka
Projects can be undertaken in-person or remote mode.
We are happy to host a student in any location.
Intern requires Australian citizenship.
How to apply
Applications are invited from eligible students to apply for the Computing Internship courses COMP3280 or COMP8830. Eligibility details and further information about the Computing Internship can be found on the Computing Internship page.
1. Students must first seek confirmation of eligibility by submitting an Eligibility and Room Available in degree check.
2. Eligible students can then apply through the Computing Internship application form. You can nominate multiple preferred Internship placements through the one application form.
3. Your application will require you to upload the following documents:
- an updated copy of your Resume, and
- an Expression of Interest (limit 350 words) for each organisation you wish to apply to (for organisations with multiple projects only submit one Expression of Interest but state clearly which project/s you wish to be considered for).
Applications open on 29 October and close on 7 November 2021.