This position is offered through the ANU Computing Internship
CSIRO’s Data61 is the data and digital specialist arm of Australia’s national science agency. We are home to one of the largest collections of research and development expertise in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and data science in the world, and host cutting-edge facilities including the Mixed Reality Lab, Robotics Innovation Centre and AI4Cyber Enclave.
Our research expertise includes AI, robotics, cybersecurity, modelling and analytics.
There are 5 projects available.
Project 3: Retroreflective Augmented Reality Display for Industrial Applications
The intern will explore a new type of Augmented Reality display, and create demonstrations that highlight its relative strengths in scientific and industrial applications. The project will utilise an existing dataset(s) to experiment with different techniques for visualisation and interaction using this this new Augmented Reality modality.
Required/preferred technical skills
Experience with, or an interest in, augmented/spatial/wearable user interfaces, gesture recognition and cyber-physical displays. Programming experience with interactive software is useful. The Unity graphics engine may be used.
Required/preferred professional and other skills
Traditional In-Person Internship (only for business/organisations based in ACT, Australia)
Student must be located in Canberra only
Intern Requires ID check etc. for CSIRO on-boarding
How to apply
Applications are invited from eligible students to apply for the Computing Internship courses COMP3280 or COMP8830. Eligibility details and further information about the Computing Internship can be found on the Computing Internship page.
1. Students must first seek confirmation of eligibility by submitting an Eligibility and Room Available in degree check.
2. Eligible students can then apply through the Computing Internship application form. You can nominate multiple preferred Internship placements through the one application form.
3. Your application will require you to upload the following documents:
- an updated copy of your Resume, and
- an Expression of Interest (limit 350 words) for each organisation you wish to apply to (for organisations with multiple projects only submit one Expression of Interest but state clearly which project/s you wish to be considered for).
Applications open on 29 October and close on 7 November 2021.