Casual Position Available:
Cross-platform mobile app developer
Centre for Digital Humanities Research The Australian National University
Starting date: ASAP
Initial duration (with potential of extension): 2 months full-time or up to 2.5 months’ part time
Application closing date: 26th November 2018
Description: The Centre for Digital Humanities Research is seeking to employ a developer to work on the development of a cross-platform mobile app for an Aboriginal community to preserve and share the media and data generated by the community members and visitors. The project has a limited timeframe with a deadline of 13th February 2018. It is desirable that the candidate can start ASAP.
Some of the technical components of the project include:
• Develop interfaces and functions for upload, search, browse, download and setting.
• Develop backend database, API for data storage and backend communications.
• Develop interfaces to show images and show/play other digital media formats.
• Extract and index metadata from digital media files. Full text search engine.
• Apply frameworks and design patterns in programming.
• System testing.
Experience and skills:
Desirable: Ionic, Angular, JQuery, PhoneGap, Media file metadata standard, EXIF, XMP, JAVA, Platform UIs, Apache Solr or Lucence, Graphic design.