Career Opportunities Team Member (Bands 3-6)
The Australian Federal Police are seeking applications from suitably qualified applicants wishing to be considered for the role of Team Member (Bands 3 - 6) within AFP Forensics, in a range of forensic disciplines.
A pool of potential candidates (triaged against the attributes) will be created. At the time a vacancy is created over the next 12 months, the best candidate for the specific position will be selected from this pool.
The AFP works closely with a range of other law enforcement and government agencies at state, territory, Commonwealth and international levels to protect Australians and Australia’s interests. As a member of forensics within the AFP, you will:
- Embody the core values of the AFP;
- Adapt to the changing nature of law enforcement;
- Be prepared to be challenged and tested at work, in the field and in court;
- Be committed to excellence and innovation and achieve results;
- Be forward thinking and self-motivated; and
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
As a Team Member in the AFP you will be required to contribute to the achievement of outcomes in accordance with the regulatory framework, the AFP Code of Conduct and the AFP Governance Instruments. It is expected that the successful applicant will deliver on the core responsibilities and meet any requirements of the position as outlined below.
- A security clearance (NV1 or Secret) or the ability to obtain one;
- Tertiary qualifications (Cert IV, Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Post Grad) and/or demonstrated appropriate level of knowledge, expertise and currency in a relevant science / forensic / technical / enabling discipline;
- Strong technical knowledge in a forensic or related technical or enabling discipline;
- An aptitude to work within a team of dynamic and high performing forensic practitioners;
- Collaborative and innovative thinking;
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to engage and negotiate with investigators and other stakeholders; and
- An appreciation of the AFP’s investigative, intelligence and quality frameworks and their application to science and the judicial environment.
As part of the short-listing process, applicants may be required to undergo additional assessments such as further testing, exercises, psychological screening and/or participate in video interviews.
Applicants are encouraged to thoroughly review the Job Details and the candidate information pack. Any queries that are not addressed in those references should be directed to Forensic.Recruitment@afp.gov.au
APPLICATIONS CLOSE - 11:59pm (AEDT) 19/03/2020