AIEF-BHP TERTIARY SCHOLARSHIP (2018) APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
AIEF-BHP Tertiary Scholarships are awarded to outstanding Indigenous students undertaking engineering, science and other approved degrees, who aspire to work with BHP and to one day become leaders in the business.
Residential students (residing in a tertiary residential college) and non-residential students (residing in private accommodation) can apply for the scholarship, which provides financial assistance and ongoing professional development and career support from AIEF and BHP, including opportunities to apply for BHP Internships and the BHP Graduate Program.
The scholarships cover:
- The cost of accommodation up to a maximum of A$22,000 each year. Support is available for students living in residential and non-residential accommodation. Please contact AIEF for more information about support for residential and non-residential accommodation costs.
- A living allowance of A$6,000 each year.
- An annual stipend of A$2,000 each year for text books and other materials, or other education-related expenses.
AIEF-BHP Tertiary Scholarship Students also receive unique career development opportunities including:
- One-on-one professional development support from AIEF.
- Career development workshops with BHP.
- Scholarship holders are strongly encouraged to apply for BHP’s Internships and Graduate Program.
Students undertaking Engineering or Computer Science degrees may be eligible for a 2018 AIEF-BHP Tertiary Scholarship.
Students undertaking postgraduate degrees are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Applicants must complete the attached AIEF-BHP Tertiary Scholarship Application Form (2018) to be considered. Applications will be assessed by a selection panel with an emphasis on:
- Academic ability, achievement and potential.
- Interest in and commitment to working in the mining industry.
- Interest in and commitment to working with BHP on completion of their degree.
Applicants may be asked to attend an interview as part of the application process. Interviews will be conducted either by telephone or in person at an AIEF office.
Applicants must submit a completed AIEF-BHP Tertiary Scholarship Application Form (2018) before Sunday, 29 October 2017.
For more information please refer to the brochure at http://aief.com.au/cms/workspace/uploads/2018-aief...